27 August 2009

Alright this is boring

All I'm doing is swimming. And all I can really say is that it's getting easier, I'm on track for my goal, and it's time to set a new one.

This morning, I swam my laps with minimal stoppage and completed it in half the time I did when I started 2.5 weeks ago. I really think I can do 20 laps non-stop tomorrow. Heck, old ladies do it, and I'm a strapping middle aged not-quite-athlete. So, I'm doing it tomorrow even if it kills me. And it probably will.

Yesterday morning, I talked to the Masters coach at the pool. He encouraged me to join them but completely understood that I really need to get my conditioning up first. What gives me confidence that he's good is that he didn't offer any advice until I'd already brought up my kick; he then mentioned that he watched me a bit and noticed that I'm bending my knees WAY TOO MUCH. He even accused me of being a runner since that's what usually causes it. But, alas, it's just that I'm a crappy swimmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment