09 September 2009

I have to eat more

Apparently swimming burns between 500 to 900 calories per hour (depending on which website you look at, level of effort, and your weight; seriously there are a lot of variables here). I've already been given the advice to eat a bit before the morning workout so your body has something to burn but I've also noticed that I am eating a lot more during the day.

I can't be burning *that* many more calories but I guess after years of my highest exercise being getting up from the couch to find the remote, walking to the copier, and riding a vespa, then swimming 30 minutes is a lot.

I just downed a couple of packs of instant oatmeal, hopefully that can hold me off until lunch. Unless I have to walk to the copier a few more times.

2 comments:

  1. When I stopped bike commuting to work a few years ago, I kept eating the same, and, as a result, I'm now wearing about ten extra pounds in a most unattractive way.

    Your new quest has got me fired up to get back on the bike, though, and I actually went for a ride this past weekend. Maybe I should start a blog to shame myself back into shape.

    The glare of public scrutiny on your progress must be unbearable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, click on the stats at the bottom of the page; you're basically my public scrutiny!

    Do the blog though for a different reason, you are one of the funniest writers I've ever run across that doesn't give himself an outlet for it. Though you have built quite the commenting niche for yourself!

    ReplyDelete