13 August 2009

I'm *NOT* joining the swim team

Professional Blog Commenter Oh Docker asked me about CK's little brother NK's reaction to all of this swimming stuff (you know: meets, practice, obsessed Dad, time trials). He's turning 4 next month and of the age where he and all of his friends are just learning to swim. The problem is, he thinks every time we go near a pool, it's some conspiracy to get him to join the swim team.

The conversations go like this:
Me: we're going up to the pool today
NK: I am *NOT* joining the swim team
or
Me: your swim lesson is at 4 today
NK: I am *NOT* joining the swim team
or
Me: I heard you put your whole face in the water today
NK: I am *NOT* joining the swim team
or
Me: Dude, you're really tall and have freakishly long arms, perfect to be an Olympic Swimmer
NK: I am *NOT* joining the swim team
Yeah, so he's apparently *NOT* joining the swim team, Oh Docker.

1 comment:

  1. Update!

    NK was showing off some of his new "put my face underwater" skills in the bath last night. I asked about becoming a swimmer and he said, "I'm not joining the goshdarned swim team."

    I pressed on and said, but "what if you're fast?" He thought about it and conceded that he'll join the swim team if he's fast.

    Victory is mine.

    ReplyDelete